Gallery - Year 5 Flat Stan Visit
The Flat Stan workshops and Flat Stan manikins have been developed to allow first aid skills to be taught to Primary school children.
These life skills are delivered nationally by their team of experienced trainers in a new, in fun and enriching way. The 60 - 75 minute workshops will provide the children with the skills and knowledge to recognise a variety of first aid situations and how to deal with them..
The Flat Stan course covers:
- What is first aid and who can deliver first aid
- When and how to get help
- How to check if someone is responsive
- What to do if you think a casualty is not breathing
- The choking casualty
- What to do if someone is bleeding
- What to do if someone suffers a burn